Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Madly in Love

Fate awoke me in the middle of the night

Said, “Be careful what you wish for,” and ran away

Drugs or a dream, you may think so

But curiosity and lust beckoned me below

Perhaps in search of my stolen soul

I chased fate right down the hole

Hypnotized by a trick of time, I fell

Completely unsure into heaven or hell

With mirrors and smoke, fate led me to doom

Willingly I followed as my blood filled the moon

Everything backward, nothing the same

Reckless passion, altered shades of pain

Fate, like a wizard, played cards with ease

Wrapped me round his finger, made me believe

I knew very little of the wonder he cast

A wave of his wand and he was part of my past

A magic in his touch, I couldn’t deny

The birds sang his praise from the blackened sky

A tiny bit of charm and the slight of his hand

He wove an illusion both exciting and grand

With the mischievous smile of a Cheshire cat

He pulled a spell of love out of his hat

The show was not over, his best act yet

He pulled my heart from his chest and made it a pet

No turning back. Where do I sign?

For I am his as madness is mine

No comments:

Post a Comment