Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Every Day

I fall in love every day
With watching children at play
Seeing, in summer, flowers bloom
Knowing, in winter, they'll be back soon
Finding the little dipper on a clear night
Or the stars disappearing into a perfect sunrise
The hypnotic way a candle can burn
And finding other interesting things to learn
The opening of a brand new book
Following the trail a butterfly took
Soaking in a long, hot bath
Hiking down a moonlit path
The sound of music filling the soul
The bliss of feeling out of control
The look of red on my lips
And both his hands on my hips
Laughing loud til my tummy hurts
And the way he grins lopsidedly to flirt
Making out in the back of a car
And how he makes me feel like a star
The way a tree bends in the breeze
And pretending that time can freeze
Feeling him swim under my skin
When he stalks my way again
Being his willing and able prey
I fall in love every day

No comments:

Post a Comment