Tuesday, August 18, 2015

To whom it may concern
I'm no one you would notice
Usually in the shadows
Prone to psychosis

I do a little writing
I bet you'd never guess
It's nothing you would want to read
Definitely not the best

I'm sure that you don't care
But I draw sometimes too
Can't hurt anyone with a pencil
Just a temporary tattoo

Whenever there's a choice
I'm always chosen last
The girl that no one thinks of
No matter what the task

I'm not the girl that boys like
Or songs are written about
I have feelings and bleed when cut
Even though I'll never shout

I keep to myself, that's why
You've never heard my voice
Abusing ink and paper
That, too, is a choice

It's safer in the shadows
No one hits or screams
Monsters behind humans
Like wolves hide in the clothing of sheep

No, I never gave my name
Feel free to call me mediocre
Kind of plain and a bit naive
Constantly growing older

I don't need or want
A single thing from you
But broken girls in the shadows
Are very lonely too

Though you think me invisible
Not nearly good enough
This girl is a survivor
Exhausted from trying but can't give up

You must feel I've seen
My fair share of sorrow
I don't use it as a crutch
Bought my own pride, instead of borrow

So thank you for not asking
I know you won't remember me
Just the girl smart enough to spot the problem
But fixing is too hard to see

My hands shake as I write this
My heart heavy with hurt
Just thought I'd mention it
To whom it may concern

No comments:

Post a Comment