Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I Know

I know that leaves grow on a tree
That nothing is ever truly free
I know that the grass is green
And all about the birds and bees
I know there are many fish in the sea
But he's the only one for me

I know that dogs nor kids ever tire
And when repairing things to hire
I know better than to stand too close to the fire
And its much to late to conspire
I know we're all walking on a wire
But I'd change my life to suit his desire

I know pens won't write without ink
That even flowers need a drink
I know that birds fly in sync
And being solo can sometimes stink
I know he can set me aflame with a wink
When he touches me, I'm unable to think

I know that ducks swim in a lake
That, on birthdays, there is cake
I know that people are usually fake
And how sometimes you're tired as soon as you wake
I know how good he can give as well as take
And the electric magic he can make

I know that diamonds cut through glass
That money doesn't give one class
I know that times moves too fast
That what happens never stays in the past
I know that nothing is made to last
And my want for him will never pass

I know that some live for money and fame
I was never any good at the game
I know that I do feel some shame
When he casually mentions her name
I know there is no one but me to blame
But I will never be the same

I know that time can usually heal
And too much of it can also kill
I know there is no way to conceal
With the devil, I've made a deal
I know what my judgement will reveal
I'll burn in hell for what I feel

I know the Earth slowly spins
That even cheaters sometimes win
I know that everything must begin
And all things must have an end
I know that to dream of forever is a terrible sin
But I am so in love with him

No comments:

Post a Comment