Thursday, September 3, 2015

Right of Passage (Part 3)

Two souls unite on the threshold of forever
Not quite eye to eye, yet bound and tethered
Fate cloaks the destined as irony rolls his eyes
Doubt and insecurity are purgatory’s greatest delights
Heaven and hell are only smoke and paints
We are all bloody sinners and saints
The man looks at the woman and sees an evil plan
She feels eternal glory at the touch of his hand
He faltered in his destiny for the prize
He couldn’t give himself with a monster inside
Yet she is no creature, only human flesh and blood
His blessing, his curse, his Earth shattering love
“I dreamed you were the sun, emblazoned on the shore
Running from the flame, I nearly drowned from the chore
My body became frozen, my mind growing dark
Without the eternal light of my goddess’ heart”
Luminous waves of utter devotion wash over our heroine
Who never saw anything on the horizon but him
“I stood waiting with time by my side
Ravenous with need while you made up your mind
Forgiveness, I give as an act of goodwill
Proactive allegiance to the trust I feel”
Lives seem to randomly shift and ever change
Tis all a puzzle that Fate has arranged
Time can freeze with a kiss and a sigh
Heaven on Earth exists under a bluer sky
Irony laughs with his friend at their dark secret
Love alters the mind the same as insanity; splitting one to pieces
Wanderlust haunts a man as a woman craves stability
Fate and irony play games that teach humility
Doors, like people, are either open or shut
There is neutral ground found deep in the gut
“I can’t ever be without you.” “Neither can I.”
“This is our purgatory.” “A brand new life.”
The world moves around them in caps and gowns
Ready to build lives in forgotten little towns
But once upon a time, love was born
In the doorway of a simple college dorm


            

    No comments:

    Post a Comment